The JURIST Project Steering Committee (PSC) Meeting will be held on Thursday, March 28, 2019 from 9 am to 12 noon at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad.
At the Meeting, members will be updated on the current status of the request to Global Affairs Canada for a future four years of programming for the Project, which will continue to build on the foundational work undertaken during the period 2014-2019.
The JURIST PSC is the strategic governing body of the Project which reports to Global Affairs Canada (GAC). It is responsible for:
- providing strategic policy direction and overseeing Project performance;
- revising and approving all Project governing documents (e.g. annual work plans and reports etc);
- ensuring that governing documents reflect the major cross-cutting themes including: gender equality, the environment, good governance and sustainability, and court excellence;
- reviewing annual progress reports;
- providing information and guidance on the general direction of the Project and reviewing the relevance of Project outcomes, strategies and plans in the context of changing policies of regional governments; and
- making recommendations as to the strategic direction and policy-related exercises to be supported by the Project.